Hey ya’ll the latest edition of The Anglerfish just hit the digital shelves and I’d love it if you guys gave it a look. This month’s issue is geared toward video games (but that’s not all that lies with these pages of pixels). My article is on page 26! Thanks!
Without further ado, we’re proud to present to you issue #3 of the Anglerfish! Enjoy and, as always, any likes and/or reblogs are always appreciated. DFTBA!
I wrote the feature on page 30, and the whole issue is AMAZING!
1. There are many, many wonderful women on YouTube who have broad and growing audiences. Here is a long but still incomplete list. (I’d add Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, Natalie Tran, and Mamrie Hart, but there are lots.)
2. When women start to build an audience on YouTube, they are…
Oh, us Nerdfighters, what a bunch of judgmental pricks! I joke, of course. In response to the latest installment of “Becoming Youtube”, a 12-video series about all things Youtube, the creator, Benjamin Cook, and a number of UK youtubers discussed Nerdfighters as a case study for internet fandom. One point raised was that some nerdfighters are elitist and snobbish in our likes/dislikes. To test this, I posted a confession on the Nerdfighters of New York facebook page, and I could not be happier (although not at all surprised) with the response people had. It is important to remember that a few sour grapes spoil the bunch when it comes to public perception of any community. I am confident that all but the tiniest proportion of nerdfighters are made of solid awesome ingots, and that there is not a safer, more respectful group of people to share your ideas with in all of Internetland! DFTBA!
I am SO glad that I heard all of the informed opinions that I did about IC before choosing to actually watch the film (Those of John and Hank Green, for example). My feelings about the video are as follows:
1. I hope that the popularity of the video leads to more people being able to recognize this evil man, after which point he will be arrested and prosecuted at the Hague
2. The filmmaker seems like an excellent father, and his son is incredibly adorable and smart. I wish all parents encouraged their children to think about these issues (when the child is at a point to complexly understand the issue, of course).
3. Because of how many people are posting about what is WRONG with IC, I hope that the video will inadvertently lead to more people donating to well-respected, publicly-audited, reputable charities that can actively use those funds to benefit the people in the affected areas
So yeah, those are my thoughts…
Okay, my last vlog is re-uploaded. Can you all help me re-gain those 28 views, 2 likes, and 3 comments that the first one had? Maybe even surpass it?! If you’ve already seen it, just mute it and like it anyway! It’s good, I promise!
My second illustration for The Fault in Our Stars. I really would love to have you all draw something and submit it to me!
The Fault in Our Stars Illustration #1. Please feel free to submit me your illustrations for The Fault in Our Stars (if you can, include a line or two from the book). I really want to make a vid featuring as many as we can get (amazing or, like mine, otherwise)!